Navigate is an English language course for adults that incorporates current knowledge about language learning with concern for teachers’ views about what makes a good course.
The Navigate approach – Listening.
In the early days of ELT, listening was mainly employed as a means of presenting new language in a dialogue context. In time, teachers and teacher trainers came to recognize the importance of teaching the four skills for their own sake, but there remained the problem of precisely how to do it. For listening, they fell back on a method widely used in Ll and L2 reading, as well as in early listening tests -namely the comprehension question. More enlightened teachers played short sections of a recording and asked oral comprehension questions; but coursebook materials often relied on a conventional lesson format where the teacher sets comprehension questions in advance of listening, plays a three- or four-minute recording and then checks answers.
This approach became very entrenched in ELT methodology, but it was not without its critics. The most commonly expressed reservation was that it tested listening rather than teaching it. Other drawbacks were less often mentioned. The method is very teacher centred. The comprehension questions are often in written form so that the task taps into reading as well as listening. The focus on ‘comprehension’ diverts attention from the fact that there is much more to listening than just the end-product. Above all, if a learner gives the right answer to a question, it tells us nothing about the way in which they arrived at that answer, so we cannot help them to listen better.
Introduction to Navigate.
Teacher's guide; Teacher's Support and Resource Disc.
The Navigate Approach.
Photocopiable teacher's resource materials.
Vox pops video worksheets.
On the Teacher's Support and Resource Disc.
Lesson overview videos with Catherine Walter.
Vox pops video worksheets.
Audio and video scripts.
Бесплатно скачать электронную книгу в удобном формате, смотреть и читать:
Скачать книгу Navigate, A2 Elementary, Teacher s Guide, Meldrum N., 2015 - fileskachat.com, быстрое и бесплатное скачивание.
Ниже можно купить эту книгу по лучшей цене со скидкой с доставкой по всей России.Купить эту книгу
Скачать - pdf - Яндекс.Диск.
Теги: учебник по английскому языку :: английский язык :: Meldrum
Смотрите также учебники, книги и учебные материалы:
Следующие учебники и книги:
- Project explore 4, Teacher s pack, Toste V., 2019 — Project Explore is a five-level course aimed at international English language students aged 10-14 15 years old. The course combines … Книги по английскому языку
- Project explore 2, Teacher s pack, Rezmuves Z., 2019 — Project Explore is a five-level course aimed at international English language students aged 10-14 15 years old. The course combines … Книги по английскому языку
- Flash on English, Pre-Intermediate, Students book, Prodromou L., Cowan A. — Фрагмент из книги: Jane Austen (1775-1817) was bom in Steventon, a small village in the south of England. Her father … Книги по английскому языку
- Own it 2, Student s book, Thacker C., Cochrane S. — Фрагмент из книги: The television is probably the world s most popular form of entertainment On average, people around the … Книги по английскому языку
- Identity, B1, Pre-Intermediate, Entry book, 2020 — Фрагмент из книги: The African elephant can weigh up to 6.35 tonnes and is the largest land mammal. However, the … Книги по английскому языку
- Formula, C1 advanced, Exam trainer, Interactive eBook, With key, Little M., 2021 — FORMULA is the flexible, unique and enjoyable route to Cambridge exam success. Using Pearson s trusted exam know-how, FORMULA C1 … Книги по английскому языку
- English the Way American — Фрагмент из книги: Families that consist of a father and mother and their children are known as nuclear families. An … Книги по английскому языку
- Basic Sciences for Dental Students, Whawell S.A., Lambert D.W., 2018 — As complex as the human body is, it is heavily dependent on just four atoms for its composition: carbon, hydrogen, … Книги по английскому языку