Фрагмент из книги.
Without modem technology, Michael Chorost wouldn’t be able to hear a thing. Chorost became deaf in 2001, after suffering from hearing problems his whole life. He now has an implant in his brain that allows him to hear. This experience inspired him to write his first book, Rebuilt: How Becoming Part Computer Made Me More Human. He is now a widely known technology theorist.
Small is beautiful.
We know how important pollinators are for producing many of the foods we eat. We also know that their populations are getting smaller. So what are we doing about it?
In 2015, the US government began a three-part plan to help save honeybees and other pollinators. Since loss of habitat is one of the pollinators main problems, the government is now protecting millions of hectares of land. The second part of the plan is to increase monarch butterfly numbers. These amazing butterflies pollinate many of the wildflowers that attract honeybees and that other pollinators also depend on. But perhaps the most challenging goal is to reduce the number of honeybee losses in the winter and fight colony collapse disorder (CCD).
Most experts think that the plan is a good idea, but it's still too soon to say whether it will work. The greatest challenge is saving honeybees. Not only are their losses already great, but no one actually understands what causes CCD.
2 Family connections.
3 Global stories.
5 Good design.
6 Inspiring people.
7 Ethical choices.
8 Better cities.
10 Mind and machine.
Бесплатно скачать электронную книгу в удобном формате, смотреть и читать:
Скачать книгу Keynote Pre Intermediate, Workbook, Yeates E., Bohlke D., 2017 - fileskachat.com, быстрое и бесплатное скачивание.
Ниже можно купить эту книгу по лучшей цене со скидкой с доставкой по всей России.Купить эту книгу
Скачать - pdf - Яндекс.Диск.
Теги: учебник по английскому языку :: английский язык :: Yeates :: Bohlke
Смотрите также учебники, книги и учебные материалы:
Следующие учебники и книги:
- Speakout extra, Elementary, Grammar, With key, 2015 — Фрагмент из книги. My name is James and I am from Bedford, in the UK. I live in Holland now … Книги по английскому языку
- Speakout, Reading & listening extra, Elementary, 2016 — Фрагмент из книги. A hangi is a traditional Maori barbecue. It’s an old, old tradition and people in New Zealand … Книги по английскому языку
- Speakout, Pronunciation extra, Elementary, With key, 2016 — Фрагмент из книги. Phonemics are useful in English. They are good when: the spelling and sounds are di erent, e.g. … Книги по английскому языку
- Solutions Upper-Intermediate, Essentials Teacher’s Book, Halliwell H., 2018 — Solutions Third Edition has benefited from collaboration with teachers with extensive experience of teaching and preparing students for exams. We … Книги по английскому языку
- Advanced Everyday English, Collins S., 2011 — You will never find a better series of books to help you improve your English vocabulary. Advanced Everyday English is … Книги по английскому языку
- Test Your English Vocabulary In Use, Upper-Intermediate, McCarthy M., O Dell F., 2002 — Did you know that testing your English vocabulary could be enjoyable? You can use this book alone, or in class, … Книги по английскому языку
- An Outline of Psycho-Analysis, Freud S., 1959 — An Outline of Psycho-Analysis is the last book which Sigmund Freud wrote before his death. A masterpiece of clarity and … Книги по английскому языку
- Understanding and Using English Grammar, Fifth Edition, Teacher’s Guide, Hall M., Azar B.S., Hagen S.A., 2017 — Understanding and Using English Grammar is a high-intermediate to advanced level ESL EFL developmental skills text. In the experience of … Книги по английскому языку