English for Everyone: English Idioms will help you learn, understand, and remember the most common English idioms and expressions. Each of the 54 units in the book consists of a teaching spread on a subject or theme, with illustrated sentences to place the idiom in context, and then a practice spread with exercises to reinforce what you have learned. Listen to the free audio and repeat each expression and sentence. The answers to all the exercises are at the back of the book, along with comprehensive indexes.
“Have” and “get”.
MARK THE SENTENCES THAT ARE CORRECT.
Colin has a cold. He's staying at home today.
Colin gets a cold. He's staying at home today.
After gardening all morning, we were so tired that we needed to have a rest.
After gardening all morning, we were so tired that we needed to get a rest.
I need to go to bed now. I'm getting tired.
I need to go to bed now. I'm having tired.
Shreya's going to get a baby this summer.
Shreya's going to have a baby this summer.
Michael and Heather got an argument about the rules of the game.
Michael and Heather had an argument about the rules of the game.
Lily had a conversation with another passenger on the train.
Lily got a conversation with another passenger on the train.
How to use this book.
DESCRIBING PEOPLE AND THINGS.
02 Friends and family.
03 Appearance and background.
04 Personality traits.
05 Good things.
06 Bad things.
09 Agreeing and disagreeing.
12 Positive emotions.
13 Negative emotions.
15 The body.
16 War and weapons.
SITUATIONS AND CIRCUMSTANCES.
17 Amount and distance.
18 Beginning and ending.
19 Chance, luck, and probability.
20 Ease and difficulty.
21 Safety and danger.
22 Difficult situations.
23 The weather and nature.
25 Sharing information.
26 Truth and lies.
27 Looking and listening.
28 Music and the arts.
29 Eating and drinking.
30 Describing your health.
31 Knowledge and education.
WORK AND ACHIEVEMENTS.
36 Working and relaxing.
37 Movement and progress.
38 Rules, law, and authority.
39 Success and failure.
40 Work and business 1.
41 Work and business 2.
43 Make" and "do".
44 Give" and "take".
45 Have" and "get".
46 Set” and "put".
47 "Go" and "come".
48 Expressions with other verbs.
49 Intensifying adverbs.
50 Similes 51 Proverbs.
52 Easily confused words 1.
53 Easily confused words 2.
Index of idioms and expressions.
Index of common words and subjects.
Бесплатно скачать электронную книгу в удобном формате, смотреть и читать:
Скачать книгу English for Everyone, English Idioms, Booth T., 2019 - fileskachat.com, быстрое и бесплатное скачивание.
Ниже можно купить эту книгу по лучшей цене со скидкой с доставкой по всей России.Купить эту книгу
Скачать - pdf - Яндекс.Диск.
Теги: учебник по английскому языку :: английский язык :: Booth
Смотрите также учебники, книги и учебные материалы:
Следующие учебники и книги:
- English File, Intermediate, Workbook, With key, Latham-Koenig C., Oxenden C., Lambert J., 2019 — English File gets you talking 90 of teachers who took part in an Oxford Impact study found that English File … Книги по английскому языку
- English File, Elementary, Teacher s Guide, Latham-Koenig C., Oxenden C., Lambert J., 2019 — Our aim with English File fourth edition has been to make every lesson better and to make the package more … Книги по английскому языку
- English File, Beginner, Workbook, With key, Latham-Koenig C., Oxenden C., Lambert J., 2019 — English File gets you talking 90 of teachers who took part in an Oxford Impact study found that English File … Книги по английскому языку
- Exam Booster, For A2 key and A2 key for Schools, Chapman C., White S., Dymond S., 2020 — The Exam Booster provides focused exam practice of all parts of the Cambridge English: A2 Key and Cambridge English: A2 … Книги по английскому языку
- English for Everyone, Business English, Course Book, Level 2, Boobyer V., 2017 — English for Everyone is designed for people who want to teach themselves the English language. The Business English edition covers … Книги по английскому языку
- English for Everyone, Business English, Course Book, Level 1, 2017 — Фрагмент из книги. Sumiko Akimoto, our Head of Customer Services, describes a typical day at work. “Every morning, even in … Книги по английскому языку
- IELTS Writing, Task 1, Academic, March-June, 2022 — IELTS Academic Writing Recent Actual Tests (Task 1) Sample Answers provides both IELTS learners and trainers with an extensive collection … Книги по английскому языку
- Most Common Mistakes in English, Marian J., 2014 — Before we move on to the mistakes, there is one important thing you should realize: Each language is different, and … Книги по английскому языку