There are two ways for you to use these practice tests for your exam preparation. You can either use them to work on your technique and strategy for each IELTS skill, or you can use them to simulate a real exam and make sure you will do well under time pressure.
Meditation is a mind and body practice that has a long history of use for increasing calmness and physical relaxation, improving psychological balance, coping with illness, and enhancing overall health and well-being. There are many types of meditation, but most have four elements in common: a quiet location with as few distractions as possible; a specific, comfortable posture (sitting, lying down, walking, or in other positions); a focus of attention (a specially chosen word or set of words, an object, or the sensations of the breath); and an open attitude (letting distractions come and go naturally without judging them).
Although there is little recorded history on meditation, its roots go back to ancient times. Teacher and practitioner Mary Rogers explains: "Researchers speculate that primitive hunter-gatherer societies may have discovered meditation and its altered states of consciousness while gazing at the flames of their fires. Then, over thousands of years, meditation evolved into a structured practice." It seems meditation was first popular in the East with Indian scriptures known as 'tantras' mentioning meditation techniques five thousand years ago. Meditation took thousands of years to spread to Western societies and it was not until the twentieth century when it finally started to gain popularity in the West. Historian David Luttley describes how this happened: "Meditation spread to the West initially due to an increase in the popularity of Buddhism. Meditation being a central part of this religion meant that as Buddhism spread, other countries and cultures soon adopted many different forms of meditation."
How to prepare for IELTS.
Practice Test 16.
Practice Test 17.
Practice Test 18.
Practice Test 19.
Practice Test 20.
Blank Answer Sheets.
Reading Answers Help.
Example Writing Answers.
Speaking Examiner's Commentary.
Бесплатно скачать электронную книгу в удобном формате, смотреть и читать:
Скачать книгу IELTS 5 Practice Tests, Academic Set 4, Tests № 16-20, Braverman S., Nicholson R., 2019 - fileskachat.com, быстрое и бесплатное скачивание.
Ниже можно купить эту книгу по лучшей цене со скидкой с доставкой по всей России.Купить эту книгу
Скачать - pdf - Яндекс.Диск.
Теги: учебник по английскому языку :: английский язык :: Braverman :: Nicholson
Смотрите также учебники, книги и учебные материалы:
Следующие учебники и книги:
- Speaking and Writing Strategies for TOEFL iBT, Stirling B., 2009 — The TOEFL iBT is an English language proficiency test. TOEFL tests academic English language proficiency. For TOEFL, academic English means … Книги по английскому языку
- Cambridge English Qual, B1 Preliminary, 8 Practice Tests, 2020 — This book will help you to prepare for the Cambridge Assessment English B1 Preliminary exam. The exam is also known … Книги по английскому языку
- Practice Tests For IELTS 2, 2015 — Practice Tests for IELTS 2 will prepare you for the IELTS test whether you are taking the test for the … Книги по английскому языку
- Easy English Step by Step for ESL Learners, Pelletier D., 2020 — Welcome to Easy English Step-by-Step for ESL Learners! This book is for highbeginner-level, nonnative English speakers who want to improve … Книги по английскому языку
- Advanced, Language Practice, With key, Vince M., 2003 — The revised edition of this book is designed with a greater emphasis on text and collocation, in keeping with recent … Книги по английскому языку
- English Verb Drills, Swick E., 2009 — English Verb Drills is designed to help learners develop the skills that promote effective usage of verbs. It is a … Книги по английскому языку
- English Grammar Drills, Lester M., 2018 — This book focuses on the grammatical problems that prevent speakers at your level from achieving a native-like command of English … Книги по английскому языку
- Grammar Scan, Diagnostic Tests for Practical English Usage, Swan M., Baker D., 2008 — They are diagnostic tests, designed to be used with Practical English Usage (Third Edition). They will help you to check … Книги по английскому языку