Now in its twelfth edition, The Blue Book of Grammar and Punctuation will help you write and speak with con dence. You don’t have to be an English major to understand grammar and punctuation. You just need rules and guidelines that are easy to understand, with real-world examples.
The Blue Book will prove to be a valuable tool for teachers and students in achieving the goals of the Common Core State Standards Initiative. Studying the chapters and working through the quizzes will provide students of all ages with the skills and knowledge they need to succeed beyond high school—in college and in the workplace. Students will learn how to use formal English in their writing and speaking and how to better express themselves through language. We also recommend reading the works of great writers to experience rsthand the art and beauty of effective communication.
English verbs are either regular or irregular. We call a verb regular when we add ed (wanted, looked) or sometimes just d (created, loved) to form what are called the simple past tense and the past participle (see third and fourth paragraphs below). A regular verb’s simple past tense and past participle are always identical.
Not so with irregular verbs. They form the simple past tense and the past participle in any number of unpredictable ways. Some irregular verbs, like let, shut, and spread, never change, whether present or past. Others, like feel and teach, become modified versions of themselves (felt, taught) to form both the past tense and the past participle. Still others, like break and sing, change to form the past tense (broke, sang) and change again to form the past participle (broken, sung). And then there are a few really weird ones, like go: its past participle (gone) is recognizable enough, but its simple past tense is a strange new word (went).
Preface and Acknowledgments.
About the Authors.
Finding Nouns, Verbs, and Subjects.
Clauses and Phrases.
Who vs. Whom.
Whoever vs. Whomever.
Who, That, Which.
Adjectives and Adverbs.
Spacing with Punctuation.
Parentheses and Brackets.
4 WRITING NUMBERS.
5 CONFUSING WORDS AND HOMONYMS.
Grammar Mastery Test.
Punctuation, Capitalization, and Writing Numbers Pretest.
Punctuation, Capitalization, and Writing Numbers Mastery Test.
7 ANSWERS TO QUIZZES.
Grammar Pretest Answers.
Grammar Mastery Test Answers.
Punctuation, Capitalization, and Writing Numbers Pretest Answers.
Punctuation, Capitalization, and Writing Numbers Mastery Test Answers.
Бесплатно скачать электронную книгу в удобном формате, смотреть и читать:
Скачать книгу The Blue Book of Grammar and Punctuation, Kaufman L., Straus J., 2021 - fileskachat.com, быстрое и бесплатное скачивание.
Ниже можно купить эту книгу по лучшей цене со скидкой с доставкой по всей России.Купить эту книгу
Скачать - pdf - Яндекс.Диск.
Теги: учебник по английскому языку :: английский язык :: Kaufman :: Straus
Смотрите также учебники, книги и учебные материалы:
Следующие учебники и книги:
- New Total English, Elementary, Teachers Book, 2011 — Фрагмент из книги: Words for family members vary between English-speaking cultures. Grandpa is used extensively in North America and Canada … Книги по английскому языку
- Gateway Edition, Workbook, B2, Treloar F., Holley G., 2016 — Фрагмент из книги: l chose a course at my local university because it s more convenient. I’ve been living at … Книги по английскому языку
- Gateway Edition, Students book, B1, Spenser D., 2016 — Фрагмент из книги: There are tens of thousands of websites where you can buy essays. With most essay-writing companies, students … Книги по английскому языку
- Gateway Edition, Teachers Book, A2, Cole A., Smith P., 2016 — In Gateway 2nd Edition we ve kept many of the features that have made Gateway so popular. Each unit has … Книги по английскому языку
- Side by Side, Activity Workbook, Book 1, Molinsky S.J., Bliss B., 2001 — Academy Stars is an accessible seven-level course with an academic approach that supports communicative and captivating learning. A comprehensive skills … Книги по английскому языку
- Academy stars 6, Workbook, Traynor T. — Academy Stars is an accessible seven-level course with an academic approach that supports communicative and captivating learning. A comprehensive skills … Книги по английскому языку
- Vocabulary for PET, Ireland S., Kosta J., 2008 — This book is for pre-intermediate level students working on their own who want to revise and learn vocabulary for the … Книги по английскому языку
- Vocabulary for First Certificate, Thomas B., Matthews L., 2008 — It introduces and practises the most relevant and useful vocabulary that you need to do well in the First Certificate … Книги по английскому языку